Last Updated on by
The best thing to have is a good pair of legs to walk normal but if sickness, old age, or injury has taken that from you then having a lightweight mobility scooter from the list below might be the next best thing
We have compiled best lightweight mobility scooter based on durability, weight, ease of use, maneuverability, and above all, user ratings.
Scooters are a wonderful way to keep you mobile and independent when you’re getting older. While some heavy-duty designs are good for all-terrain and outdoor use, some elderly prefer a lightweight design that makes simple storage and transportation possible.
After detailed research, it is obvious that travel pro premium 3- Wheel mobility scooter by pride remains the best lightweight mobility scooter on the market today.
In fact, it is the number one best seller with a very high rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars by over 126 users as at the time of writing this review.
This is one of the scooters that you can disassemble into 5 places, with the heaviest part weighing just 27.5 pounds. The design and its lightweight makes it very maneuverable, transportable and highly comfortable.
There are other lightweight mobility scooters that made our list of the best owing to their high score of maneuverability, comfort, ease of use and ratings: These are:
- Drive Medical Scout Spitfire 4 Wheel Travel Power Scooter
- SmartScoot lithium battery, lightweight Mobility Scooter
- EV Rider Transport Folding Travel Electric Mobility Scooter
- Drive Medical Scout Compact Travel Power Scooter
Let’s go into details of the features of each lightweight mobility scooter listed above.
1. Travel Pro Premium 3- Wheel Mobility Scooter by Pride
With the heaviest disassembled part weighing just 27.5 pounds, it is obvious that you can easily carry it in and out of the car. The three-wheel design offers maneuverability in narrow spaces with a sharp turning radius and soft ride with the easy-to-use.
This mobility scooter offers the advantages of a high-range mobility scooter such as a 4 mph top velocity with a driving range of 6.3 miles, flat-free tires, forward / reverse controls, and a whopping 275 lbs weight capability.
With this, you are sure to Ride in convenience and style; this travel scooter features an appealing full-padded faux-leather seat that provides an adjustable height for almost all heights customers, as well as sized armrests that flip up for easy boarding and scooter exit and a handy front basket for storing private products away.
Whether you or your loved one need assistance getting around the house and shopping or want the liberty to travel and maintain up with the family, this travel scooter can readily maneuver around halls and door frames and is compact enough to be used during travel.
- Very lightweight scooter
- Has a very long-lasting battery life
- Comes with drink holder, front basket and mini storage pocket at the back seat and armrest
- Very easy to assemble and disassemble
- Does not function well on a rough level. In other words, it is not an all-terrain lightweight mobility scooter
2. Drive Medical Scout Spitfire 4 Wheel Travel Power Scooter
This model of lightweight foldable scooter comes with stylish, interchangeable red and blue color panels that double as a safety layer against potential scuffs and edge scratches.
The Drive Medical Scout transportable scooter come in a colorful, customizable exterior, which combines convenient mobility with superior value.
The Scout is compact, lightweight and simple to disassemble into five handy parts, making it suitable for both day-to-day use and travel requiring car transport.
On rougher outdoor terrain, the four-wheel Scout offers enhanced stability. A technologically advanced quick-connect battery pack and a delta-shaped steering handle make the scooter even with limited strength or dexterity to operate without effort.
This one of the safest mobility scooters you can have because it has an anti-tip feature. So, there has not been a record of tumbling or crashing recorded.
It comes with a long-lasting battery and charger, and flat-free non-making tires. The height-adjustable swivel seat with fold-down backrest makes it easy for anyone to use this scooter irrespective of height.
- Seat Width: 16.5″;
- Max Speed: 4.25 mph;
- Climbing Angle: 6 degrees;
- Maximum Range: 9 miles;
- Motor: 24V x 270W x 4700rpm; Turning Radius: 53.75″;
- Ground Clearance: 2.5″;
- Weight Capacity: 300 lbs
Unedited Testimonies And Challenges
As at the time of writing this review, Drive medical scout spitfire 4 Wheel Travel Power Scooter has over 750 customer reviews online. In fact, is an Amazon bestseller with a high rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
On a general note, the stability score of this scooter is 4.8, ease of assembling score is 4.7, maneuverability score is 4.4 and legroom score is 4.4 out of 5 stars
The high rating translates to customer satisfaction at a price half of what its likes are obtainable on the market.
An unedited testimony from a verified buyer by name Angela reads “This scooter is exactly what it is described to be. When I was considering buying a scooter I made online research on the best lightweight mobility scooter on the market.
And this model of drive medical scout spitfire keeps coming up. I went for it and never regretted it.
My first outing with this scooter was for an event where I know I will be limited to a small part of the event area. I enjoyed how easily I could maneuver my ways in very rough areas and small spaces around.
My only challenge is that it hardly move in a very sandy area. On the overall, I gave it 5 stars”
3. SmartScoot Lightweight Mobility Scooter
Many foldable scooters narrow down their size enough to make it easy for the elderly and careers to pack them in vehicles. However, the lightest mobility scooter on the market today is the SmartScoot Lightweight Mobility Scooter. It is operational, functional and highly portable, weighing only 40 pounds.
Without the use of instruments, caregivers and elderly can readily fold or even divide their scooter into three simple motion parts. The frame is made of stainless steel, so it is durable and rustproof while it is lightweight. These characteristics make sure your scooter is going to last you a long time and stay secure and reliable.
With a rechargeable battery lasting up to 12 miles, you can travel long and far without having to worry about getting stuck somewhere on your own. A convenient basket allows you to safely and conveniently maintain your private items with you.
- Lightweight less than 40 lbs.
- Easy to fold, no instruments needed. You can break it apart with the lightest segment weighing 27 lbs i
- Lightweight Stainless Steel Frame that is anti-corrosive.
- Comes with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that can go up to 12 miles.
- It is one of the fastest scooter owing to its lightweight
- Great turning radius for a narrow space
- Very stable and that prevent tips and accident
- The adjustable brake is designed to match the weight of the rider
- The footrest is not adjustable. Therefore, does not fit all height comfortably
- Non-adjustable seat affects the comfort score of this scooter
4. EV Rider Transport Folding Travel Electric Mobility Scooter
This very lightweight mobility scooter folds to a very compact size that allows you to carry it anywhere you go. That implies that you can bring it in your vehicle and bring it out easily. It will be simple for caregivers and even customers to move and lift.
Despite being very lightweight and simple to fold, this machine is still extremely functional and simple to use. Many elements of this scooter can be customized, such as adjustable control height and removable seat for easier storage and transportation.
You can also get equipped armrests and add characteristics such as a digital display upgrade and a better seat at the same moment.
The above choices enable seniors to choose the finest scooter for them instead of having to adhere to a certain style.
Equipped with front and rear lamps and a strong engine, seniors will appreciate how simple, convenient and secure this scooter is to ride. The style of folding makes it great for both transport and storage.
Therefore, the EV Rider Transport scooter is the ideal choice for the active senior, whether you have medical appointments to maintain, family to see or events to engage in.
As your physical mobility reduces, fulfilling the needed or even desired duties becomes more difficult. The EV Rider transport folding mobility scooter allows you to continue through its foldable design to do the existing things in your life.
Features And Specs
- This lightweight mobility Scooter is ready for transportation and easy to fold, ideal for the active traveler. It takes little or no effort to disassemble it
- Easy to lug around at home, in hotels or at airports, it can be stored upright in any corner, driven by SLA Batteries
- It is powered by 270 watts 4 pole motor, and the front end design makes this scooter highly stable with good comfort features.
- You can cover up to 10 to 15 miles per charge
- Comes well assembled
- The foldable size makes carrying it very simple
- Comes with additional weather vinyl cover to add to order for maximum protection
- The battery position shift frequently on a rough ground
- Does not perform well in an uphill climb
- Not ideal for people with big hip
5. Drive Medical Scout Compact Travel Power Scooter
A lightweight yet extremely functional 3-wheel mobility device is this Drive Medical Scout Compact Travel Power Scooter. Using a delta tiller style handle, this scooter is perfect for seniors to use indoors every day.
The padded armrests, swivel seat, and handles are all adjustable, enabling seniors to choose their height and reach configurations. Setting the right changes is a wonderful way to enhance the convenience and reduce the risk of falling.
This scooter’s lightweight allows you to take it and use it anywhere, anytime. Pack it easily in a vehicle or bring it around your neighborhood for a ride. The battery pack for quick connection is easy to operate and can be used by seniors or their caregivers.
This lightweight mobility scooter has a changing color panel to conceal scratches and customize your ride as an added bonus.
Features And Spec:
- Has the highest score of comfort because the armrest and swivel seat is adjustable.
- The delta tiller is easily adjustable: Ergonomic throttle control with easy freewheel operation
- High score of ease of use, which means it takes no time to assemble and disassemble it
- Comes with a plastic basket for easy carrying of some personal belongings
- Has great turning radius and maneuverability
- Can tip when In a high speed
- The back seat does not adjust
- Not ideal for use on a rough surface
Things to Consider When Buying a Lightweight Mobility Scooter
There are 5 basic things you must consider before spending your hard-earned money. These things are:
- Customer reviews
- Ease of use
- Battery life
Let’s take a deep look into these features.
In fact this the best factor to consider when buying any physical product online because customer reviews are unbiased.
Products with good customer rating show that it worth your money, while that with poor rating does not worth your time.
We test some of the products we have on this site but our overall selecting choice is based on what customer feels about a product. In fact, we usually go for products with not less than 3.5 out of 5 star ratings.
Therefore, you can’t go wrong with any of the lightweight mobility scooters found here
The ease with which you can move around in the smallest space available in your office, home, hotel and many more is a good sign that you should go for the scooter.
All the scooters found here are lightweight; therefore you can maneuver easily with any model you decide to go for.
Ease of Use
You don’t need to be an engineer or technician to e able to assemble or disassemble a scooter. Therefore, you need simple and easy to follow instructions to get a scooter to assemble or disassemble. In fact, in some cases, you don’t need a tool to get the job done.
The lighter the better because weight determines maneuverability of a scooter. As a rule of thumb, always go for a scooter with a maximum combined weight of 300 pounds. Anything more than that is no longer a lightweight mobility scooter
Considering battery life is essential because it determines how far you can go with your scooter. Higher battery life means you can cover a reasonable distance per charge
Lightweight Mobility Scooter- Wrap Up
Obviously, before you today is the list of the best lightweight scooter on the market today. They have a high score of durability, maneuverability, ease of use, comfort, and safety. Unedited testimonies from other users found online are a clear sign that they worth your time and money.
You don’t have to end an active lifestyle because you’ve grown older. The reason these lightweight scooters have been built by producers and healthcare experts is so seniors like you can still get out and go places.
Whether on your own or with a loved one’s assistance, lightweight scooters enable you to remain engaged doing the stuff you enjoy. Your body may not have the ability, but anywhere you want you can still be on the move.