Professional

Best Stethoscope For Nursing Students [2020]

It can be quite difficult when trying to pick out the best stethoscope for nursing students. Regardless of your department, a good stethoscope makes the difference. It helps you to be more efficient with service delivery.

A stethoscope is really important to the work of any medical practitioner. This is because it helps in the monitoring of heartbeats, breath, and blood pressure. To be efficient as a nurse or nursing student, you cannot just rely on any stethoscope out there. Hence the need for this best stethoscope for nursing students review

After putting over 17 brands of stethoscopes to test, we came up with 5 best stethoscopes for nursing students from 3 major brands.  These stethoscopes have a high score of comfort, ductility, diagnostic versatility, and clear sound output.

Users’ favorite among the 5 best stethoscope for nursing students is 3M Littman 2141 Master Class II.  The fact is that it will not only serve you as a student, rather it will serve you even several years after graduating from school.

Best stethoscope for nursing students,best stethoscope for nurse

>>>>>>Check Best Price on Amazon

As at the time of writing this review, it has over 1000 customer reviews online. And it is highly rated as a 4.5 out of 5 stars stethoscope.

It is an Amazon’s bestseller, and over 80% of nursing and medical personnel that have bought this stethoscope gave it all by rating it 5 out 5 stars.

Other Stethoscopes that are considered among the best are:

Factors to Look Out For When Buying a Stethoscope

To help you find a stethoscope of top quality, we have put together some factors you should check for. These factors are:

Customer Reviews and Ratings

This is the most important factor to pay attention to when buying any physical product online. It is obvious you will not have the chance for on the spot examining of the product. Therefore, the best option is to listen to what other users said about the product.

Basically, online customer reviews and ratings are usually unbiased and straight to the point. A high number of positive comments and ratings are a clear sign of satisfaction from the customers.

As a rule of thumb, a product must have a minimum of 10 positive reviews from different users and an average rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars to worth your time and money.

With that in mind, we carefully tested these best stethoscope for nursing students and summed our conclusion with reviews from other students like you.

In fact, all the best stethoscope for nursing students found on this page are highly rated and very much affordable. in other words, they are designed for students rate.

Weight.

You are likely to have your stethoscope around your neck for about 80% of your day. What this means is that you would rather have something light, not something weighty. A weighty stethoscope will make your work cumbersome as well as cause your clothes to tear. What you should look out for is a stethoscope that is lightweight.

Comfort.

Efficient and comfort are like Siamese twins, only in this case, comfort is always the determining factor. Your stethoscope should be very comfortable. It should also fit into your ears with ease. Don’t pick one with sharp edges or that is bigger than your ears.

Ductility.

This factor relates to how foldable your stethoscope will be at the end of the day. If it is made with ductile materials, it should fit easily into your pocket. This way you don’t always have to wear the stethoscope around your neck when you aren’t working. Ductility also ensures that constant folding does not cause the stethoscope tube to begin to crack.

Portability and Sound quality.

You say this is a two-in-one factor because both go hand-in-hand. It is not okay for the stethoscope to be portable, it also needs to produce quality sound. Combining these will result in more efficiency leading to saving more lives.

Diagnostic versatility.

Different stethoscopes have different purposes. Some can be used for children and others for adults. Some others specialize in different body parts. However, to save time and money, it will be best you pick one that is versatile or multipurpose. This way it can pick sounds from an array of body parts in both adults and children.

With this background, you should understand why we chose the products on our list of best stethoscope for nursing students.

Best stethoscope For Nursing Students

1.  3M Littmann 2141 Master Classic II Stethoscope

Best stethoscope for nursing students,best stethoscope for nurse

>>>>>> Check Availability And Best Price on Amazon 

Its resilient tubing retains its shape and flexibility even after tightly folding into a pocket. Because of improved resistance to skin oils and alcohol, it provides a longer stethoscope life and is less likely to pick up stains.

Tubing of the next generation is not made with natural rubber latex, which is an advantage for sensitive medical professionals and their patients.

And, to play its role in protecting human health and the environment, there are no phthalate plasticizers in the next-generation tubing.

The ergonomic design is mixed with amazing sound quality. This implies durability and efficiency combined.

The 3M Littmann 2141 Master Classic II Stethoscope is very reliable in producing quality results.

That’s not all; it is one of the most comfortable stethoscopes on the market. Nursing students find this stethoscope really valuable as it comes with an educational app and manual. Other medical professionals also find it really instrumental in achieving success in their field.

Pros

  1. Comfortable earpieces that seal tightly to the ears. This way, you are able to focus on your work and not be worried that the stethoscope will fall off.
  2. The educational app makes it one of the easiest stethoscopes to use.
  3. Great for people with allergies since it is designed using latex-free materials.
  4. Very convenient during emergencies since the diaphragm is one-sided.
  5. Anodized aluminum is used in the design of the headset.

Cons

  1. Many users think the tube is a bit too short.
  2. After extended use, the tube is likely to crack.
  3. The warranty period is short.

2.   MDF Rose Gold MD One Stethoscope

>>>>>> Check Availability And Best Price on Amazon

 

The MDF Rose Gold MD One Stethoscope was designed to provide maximum efficiency at the top level. Delivers optimal acoustics for the heart, lungs, and bowels while being very durable. The dual earpiece set makes it possible to pick up crisp sounds from body organs easily.

You are able to clearly hear the slightest sounds using this stethoscope because of the wide diaphragm. This is why sounds at the lowest frequencies can be heard easily, especially clicks and closures of valves.

It is designed with latex-free material and comes with a lifetime warranty.

Pros

  1. Durable diaphragm.
  2. Thick tube for durability.
  3. The second set of earpieces, diaphragm, and other parts are part of the package.
  4. Clear acoustics.
  5. Thick headpiece ensures the diaphragm isn’t pressure-sensitive.

Cons

  1. The tube is a bit too thick. This could result in accidental switches between the diaphragm and bell.

3.  3M Littman Classic II S.E. Stethoscope

best stethoscope for nursing students ,best stethoscope for nurses 2018,best stethoscope for nurses hard of hearing,best stethoscope for nurses 2017,best stethoscopes for doctors,best stethoscope for nursing students 2018,best stethoscope for nursing student 2018,best stethoscope 2018,best stethoscope for nurse practitioner

>>>>> Get it at Best Price on Amazon

The 3M Littman Classic II S.E. Stethoscope is considered one of the best on the market, here’s why. It possesses high acoustic sensitivity and also has a dual-sided chest piece. This stethoscope marries portability with durability. No wonder it is durable and versatile in diagnosis.

The fact that it has a tunable diaphragm makes it easy to pick the tiniest of sounds. High and low frequencies are easily picked up as the chest piece travels through the body. With the headset points small enough to fit into the ears, optimal listening is guaranteed.

Pros

  1. Easy to use since the tube is lengthy.
  2. Lightweight stethoscope.
  3. Amazing sound quality.

Cons

Before stating the cons, you should note that based on professional standards, it has no flaws. These cons are based on user complaints.

  1. May be damaged in transit due to manhandling and minor accidents.
  2. Orders may arrive later than expected.

4.  3M Littmann 6152 Cardiology IV Stethoscope

>>>>> Check Availability and Best Price on Amazon

On our list, the 3M Littmann 6152 Cardiology IV Stethoscope has come up with the highest rating. Nursing students, nurses, and doctors have all chosen this stethoscope as their favorite and it isn’t so difficult to see why.

It is majorly regarded as a revolutionary stethoscope. The reason for this is that it has the ability to pick sounds from any part of the human body. Its outstanding acoustics can pick sounds at different frequencies, amplifying them optimally to the user.

The tube of the 3M Littmann 6152 Cardiology IV Stethoscope is stain resistant and it is also really sturdy. This means it is also very durable and of top quality. It is one of the very few stethoscopes that can work across several fields. The only professionals that do not use it are cardiologists.

It is regarded by many as the best stethoscope for nursing students. This is because it can be used for adults and infants.

Pros

  1. Designed for different fields in the medical sector.
  2. Designed with latex-free materials making it great for people with allergies.
  3. Acoustic ability is top-notch as it picks sounds of all frequencies.
  4. It is equipped with a dual-lumen tubing.

Cons

  1. Some users think the tube is a bit too heavy.
  2. The stethoscope is quite costly.
  3. The chest piece could turn from diaphragm to bell very easily. This makes it unfit for emergencies.

5.  ADC Adscope 603 Clinician Stethoscope

best stethoscope for nurses ,best stethoscope for nurses 2018,best stethoscope for nurses hard of hearing,best stethoscope for nurses 2017,best stethoscopes for doctors,best stethoscope for nursing students 2018,best stethoscope for nursing student 2018,best stethoscope 2018,best stethoscope for nurse practitioner

>>>>> Check Availability And Best Price on Amazon

The reason why the ADC Adscope 603 Clinician Stethoscope made our list is simple. It is outstanding in both durability and performance. Added to this, it is the only stethoscope on the market with ear tips made from Adsoft plus.

Another advantage of this stethoscope is that it possesses an ID tag. With this feature, you can have your ID card attached, fewer things to worry about.

High-frequency transmission is properly amplified through the ultra-sensitive diaphragm. It does not leave low frequencies out as there is an extra-large bell for this purpose.

Pros

  1. The tube is quite long, a bit longer than those on Littmann stethoscopes.
  2. Very affordable.
  3. Marries fit with finish making it very qualitative.

Cons

  1. The earpieces aren’t really comfortable.
  2. The size of the diaphragm makes it a bit heavy and uncomfortable.
  3. It does not have the ability to pick the smallest sounds like most of its counterparts.

Best stethoscope for nursing students – wrap up

In this post, we have shown you all the factors you need to look out for when choosing a stethoscope. You have also gone through our list of best stethoscope for nursing students to make your choice process easier. Whatever you do, ensure you always pick one that is latex-free to keep you and your patients safe.

 

Similar Posts