If you’re reading this post then my guess is that you’re in search of the best mattress for heavy people. The truth is that big people’s bedding needs are not restricted to just a bigger bed, they need something more.
As a big person, it can be very difficult to find the best mattress for a heavy person. More so, if you’re a big couple, it can be more challenging because you need to find the best mattress for overweight couples. Regardless of what category you fall into, this article has you covered.
After reading this best mattress for heavy people review, you no longer have to rack your brain about what mattress type is best for heavy people. We want to help you find what best suits your size and so we’ve reviewed the most popular customer picks for you.
Sleeping on a bad quality bed has several detrimental effects, not just on your sleeping habits but also on your general health. Having trouble sleeping has been linked with so many health challenges, most especially weight gain. This is why heavy people are always in search of best mattresses for heavy people. Of course, we want to live healthy lives and lose some weight.
Without further delay, below is the list of the best mattresses for heavy people, their pros and cons. Above all, verified buyer reviews and what to consider before buying a mattress.
Zinus Ultima Comfort Memory Foam 12-Inch Mattress, Queen
This is our top pick because it has a high score of qualities of a good mattress for heavy people. With over 7000 buyers giving it an average rating of 4.5, we can’t go wrong in making it our top pick. It is very affordable and comes with a long time warranty.
Zinus Ultima comfort 12 –inch is exceptional because the mattress layers include 3-inch memory foam, 3-inch pressure relieving memory foam and 6-inch high density- base support foam. Also, it is CertiPUR-US certified for durability, comfort, and content.
These reviews are unbiased and honest because they are from firsthand users. The rating is a clear indication of strength, durability, reliability, and acceptability of this mattress for heavy people.
If you want to experience all of the advantages of memory foam and want to stay within your budget then the Ultima Comfort is your perfect choice. It gives you the best value for money you can imagine.
- The bed is very comfortable as it is loaded with lots of cushioning.
- The bed is very durable and can last for several years if properly maintained.
- It is incredibly affordable.
- It has very low odor and also has a fair warranty of 10 years.
- It is not a great choice for those looking for a firm bed.
- It does not provide you premium qualities as the previously mentioned brands because of its price, this should be expected.
Lucid 14-Inch Plush Memory Foam Mattress, 25-Year Warranty
Lucid is a huge mattress which has 14 inches of cushion and support. The layered foam is plush and cushioned to ensure that large people have an enjoyable sleep experience without the bed collapsing. Lucid has worked hard to make sure that their customers are well taken care of with their array of products their suit their needs.
As at the time of posting this review, this product has over 1000 reviews online. Also, it is the buyers’ choice of mattress for the heavy person or people. It has an average rating of 4.0 star out of 5, which is an indication of users’ satisfaction. In fact, Over 62% of the users rated it a 5 start mattress. With these facts, it is obvious you can’t go wrong with your purchase.
- Though the Lucid memory foam mattress is a bit pricier than other brands, it is highly rated as providing quality and better sleeping conditions by customers, especially heavy ones.
- The mattress has four layers of foam. Most people have picked the memory foam top layer made of 1 inch of bamboo charcoal. It is great for people with skin problems and allergies as it is hypoallergenic. It also eliminates the strong odor the bed is expected to have because of the materials used in making the other layers.
- The mattress has a heavy density base foam which helps to give the heavy person perfect support. This layer is about 4 to 6 inches and helps to alleviate the pressure points.
- Every part of the foam is made from high-quality products which are not just human-friendly but environmentally friendly.
- The foam is considered affordable when you consider the materials used in its manufacture and the benefits enjoyed from using it.
- The Lucid mattress comes with a 25-year warranty which is about the longest in the bed and mattress industry anywhere in the world.
- If you are looking for firmness this foam is not for you. It has been recorded that the Lucid mattress is softer than most other mattresses.
- Due to its softness, it may not be comfortable to change positions while sleeping.
Sleep Innovations 12-Inch SureTemp Memory Foam Mattress
This is another affordable mattress which offers you great value for money. With this mattress, you get a perfect mix of layering, temperature control, and amazing warranty cover. It is a great choice for heavy people, especially for those seeking firmer mattresses. Sleep Innovations is recognized as a company that carries out a lot of research just to produce what the customers need exactly.
Satisfactory recommendation from over 4000 users is a great sign that heavy people or overweight enjoy this mattress. In fact, over 70% of the users’ rates if 5 stars. Most users enjoy the warranty policy of Sleep Innovation
- The bed is quite affordable as it is medium-priced when compared to other beds in the same category.
- The mattress is 12-inches thick. This means it provides you great support and enough room for cushion.
- The mattress is made of two kinds of foam to ensure that you have the best of both worlds. The bottom layer is made of 9.5 inches of memory foam and the top is made of 2.5 inches of SureTemp foam. The top layer helps in regulating temperature and providing you needed comfort.
- The mattress is firm so it is great for spine support and alignment. This means it can support larger body sizes in the long run.
- You enjoy a 20-year warranty when you get this mattress. This is a pretty good deal don’t you think?
- There have been complaining about the SureTemp technology used for the top layer of the mattress. It seems it is still not a great choice for individuals who overheat while they sleep.
7 Things To Consider When Searching For Best Mattress For Heavy People
This is a very important question if you are ever going to figure out the best mattress for heavy people. If you are a heavy person you should consider the factors on the list below when choosing your next mattress.
1. The number of people to use the mattress.
This is hugely important as their combined weight has an effect on the durability of the mattress in the long run. When you have an idea of this it makes it easy to pick a mattress based on how it is rated for total weight.
2. Your preferred comfort type.
This is another important factor to be considered, you must be able to answer whether you prefer structure or cushion. Due to the array of products on the market, you must be able to answer this before stepping into the mattress market.
3. Is the bed a primary or secondary bed?
If the bed is a primary bed, that is one you will use for several years and spend lots of time on, then you need to spend more money to get the best quality. If it is a secondary bed, one that will be in your guest room, then you can pipe low on the spending since you do not get guests often.
4. What are you willing to spend on a bed at the moment?
The price of the bed is a very important factor. If you want to buy a bed you should consider something quite affordable but carries all of the qualities of a mattress suitable for heavy people. For this article, we have put together mattresses that are below a thousand dollars. But if you want more quality then you can spend a little more.
5. The durability of the product.
What is the point of spending huge amounts on a product you would not use for long? Find out if there is a warranty on the product? If the bed will sag in the nearest future? After all, it is no news that spring beds sag. The most durable mattresses for heavy people are latex mattresses.
6. Do you sleep cool or hot?
This is mostly overlooked but it is a very important factor to look out for. A hot sleeper should go for a memory foam with open-cell architecture and gel beads for better heat dispersal. A hot sleeper will also need a mattress with top layering.
7. What is your sleeping position?
Do you sleep on your back, side or stomach? Your answer to this question will determine to a large extent the depth and layering of the mattress you will choose.
If you consider these factors before choosing a mattress you are bound to pick a quality mattress that will give comfort for a very long time and improve your sleeping conditions as well.
Best Mattress For Heavy People – Wrap Up
Obviously, these are the top 3 mattresses that heavy people have enjoyed using over time. Yet, some people still remain confused on the one to chose from among the three. I can still play a role in helping you decide on the best mattress for heavy people to pick from these 3. So, if you’re considering user reviews and high rating as a factor, which is my own buying decision, then you should go for Zinux Ultima Comfort mattress.
It has a high rating of 4.5 and over 7000 positive reviews. Another factor to consider when buying is your budget. If you’re in a tight budget and still need the best mattress for heavy people still go for Zinux Ultima because it is the cheapest among the three mentioned above. So, it is up to you to make your final buying decision now.