Last Updated on by
If you’ve ever purchased a latex mattress and had complaints or seeking to buy one then you should read this best latex mattress review. One of the most reliable methods of knowing about any product is reading about reviews from other customers who have already made a purchase.
Whichever kind of latex mattress you need, be it 100% natural latex mattress, spindle latex mattress, organic latex mattress, and so on. You need the right information to make an informed buying decision.
We know it might be challenging narrowing down your options and so we’ve helped to bring you a list of best latex mattresses on the market based on latex mattress reviews consumer reports. In this post, we shall discuss a little about latex mattresses, advantages, and disadvantages of latex mattresses, factors to consider in making a choice of latex mattress
The table below is the list of best latex mattress selected based on user reviews, testimonies, and quality. And below the table is every detail you need to know about latex mattress.
|Product Name/Image||Type||Formulation||User Ratings||Warranty||Price|
|PureGreen Latex Mattress||Latex||100% Natural||Very High||-||Check on Amazon|
|Lucid 12 In Twin Mattress||Hybrid Latex||Synthetic||High||10 Year||Check on Amazon|
|Element DreamFoam Bedding ||Latex||100% Natural||Very High||10 Year||Check on Amazon|
|Voila Box Mattress||Hybrid Latex||100% Natural||High||10 Year||Check on Amazon|
|Spindle Latex Mattress||Latex||100% Natural||Very High||10 Year||Check on Amazon|
Best Latex Mattress- Details
We have grouped the mattresses into “all latex” and “latex hybrid” so you can easily narrow down your choices.
Pure Green Natural Latex Mattress By Sleep on Latex
This is our top pick because it is one of the most highly rated and well- priced natural latex mattress on Amazon. In fact, it is the buyer’s best choice which is the hallmark of excellence. It is 100 natural latex because of no poly foam, no synthetic latex foam and no blended latex foam.
Pure Green latex mattress provides perfectly pinpointed elastic support. The elasticity allows you to adjust easily with the support you need. The quilted cover is made of organic cotton and wool, which are highly breathable material and that allows free flow of air.
Pure green is considered the top latex mattress because it is very easy to use and affordable. You don’t need to undergo the stress of assembling it before use. It has a 6” base layer that provides strong support and a durable base and 2” soft comfort layer of pure Green 100% latex foam
- 100% natural latex
- Medium firm
- No Assembly required
- No fire retardant chemicals or barrier cloths
- Certified by UL
- Has a very discomforting smell that lasts for 72 hours or thereabout. Anyway, that is common in all mattresses. So, allow some time to do away with factory smell
Lucid 12 Inches Twin XL Hybrid Latex Mattress
Lucid made the list because it is the most affordable hybrid latex mattress in the market today. As at the time of writing this post, it has a very high rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars from over 300 users.
It comes in different sizes such as twin, king, queen, full and California king size. Also, the 10-inch style is available for those that need a smaller size of it. The combination of supportive coils, memory foam and responsive latex made the mattress one of the best in the market.
A lucid hybrid latex mattress is a medium firm mattress that has 6.5-inch support, which helps users sleep all night hitch free or sinking. The only challenge is that it has no base, box spring and bed frame. So, you have to buy these ones, which indirectly add to the cost of using this latex mattress.
- Very Affordable. In fact, it is the cheapest in the market
- It is a hybrid latex
- A medium firm with 6.5’ support
- Longtime warranty
- Does not have a base, box spring and bed frame, it is just the mattress
- There are complains of excess firmness, which makes sleeping on it not comfortable. Though someone’s firmness is another person’s softness. Therefore, this is not a big issue
DreamFoam Bedding Total Latex Mattress
This is the natural latex mattress that is made in the USA. It is custom crafted using 100% natural material. It is the only latex mattress that you can personally adjust the firmness to your desired taste. Dreamfoam mattress comes in three firmness levels: soft, medium and extreme.
The support system of this mattress is structured to alleviate high pressure associated with turning and tossing while sleeping. Also, it ensures adequate blood circulation, which makes you wake up very strong daily.
This mattress has a very high rating of 4.8 by over 18 customers as at the time of reviewing it. The rating is a clear sign of satisfaction from the users. Therefore, you can’t go wrong if you chose this mattress as an option
- Comes with firmness adjustable mechanism known as Eurotop zipper
- 100%natural latex
- Comes with a 10-year warranty
- Free from flame retardant, lead, heavy metal and other harmful material that is why it is CertiPUR-US certified
- Expensive. But worth every dime you may spend because it is majorly made for maximum comfort
- Comes with very bad odor, which dissipates after 24 hours
Voila Box Luxury Hybrid Latex Mattress
If you’re interested in natural latex mattress that will support you when sleeping and resting then Voila mattress is an option. It is one of the top rated mattresses in America that has customizable firmness.
Adjusting the firmness to your taste always help you wake rejuvenated and free from pains resulting from sinking.
It is CertiPUS- Certified, which means it meets all the healthy standard of using it here in American and beyond.
As the time of reviewing this mattress, over 20 customers found online said yes to it by giving it a high rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
- Built for maximum comfort. That is why it has 12 quality layers that yield maximum comfort
- CertiPUR-Certified, which is why it is one of the healthy mattresses to use
- Affordable. Though the price is a bit on the high side but compared to other products of similar quality, then Voila is very cheap and reliable.
- Comes with an offensive gas smell, which fades away after 24 hours. Though, that is common with all compressed mattress from factory
Spindle Latex Material
This mattress is dedicated to the old-fashioned art of mattress making. Spindle in their advert claimed to be the mattress makers’ mattress. The company prides itself in producing mattresses which are affordable as all the materials are sourced from within the US. Qualities of the Spindle latex mattress include:
- They are easily customizable. It has several options for a variety of sleep preferences and customers can rearrange the mattress to suit their needs.
- Changing positions on this mattress is stress-free and comfortable as it provides spring and support needed.
- It has a wool comfort layer which makes the sleeper enjoy cool sleep.
- It is very durable and expected to last between 5 to 10 years based on user management.
- There is a 30-day adjustment period. Spindle works with you within this period to ensure the bed fits your purposes. If after this period you are not satisfied you are refunded all but the $300 purchase price. There is also a 10-year warranty on the product.
About a latex mattress
If you know about latex mattresses or at least have read a little about them, you will know that a latex mattress is the middle of two extremes which are memory mattresses and innerspring mattresses. Usually, consumers choose a latex mattress when they want sufficient body contour or some pressure-point relief. A latex mattress helps to get a great night rest and avoid joint and back aches.
Also Check: Mattress For Heavy People
Though a latex mattress is sufficiently soft, it is also very supportive. So if you like turning around a lot while sleeping, you are covered as latex mattresses give you the quick response and bounce you need. As a consumer, you could either choose a synthetic latex mattress or a 100% natural latex mattress.
The all natural latex mattress is produced from the latex extracted from the sap of the rubber tree. They have less odor and are more expensive than synthetic latex mattress, which is the direct opposite. Synthetic latex mattresses are a product of petrochemicals which have some of the qualities if natural latex.
There is however a balance created from the hybrid of both kinds of latex mattresses known as blended latex mattress. This hybrid marries the great qualities of the all-natural latex mattress and cost-friendliness of the synthetic latex mattress. In most cases, the blended latex mattress has inner coil springs inside for support, a top cooling layer made of natural fiber, and a comfort layer made of latex.
Advantages and Disadvantages of a Latex Mattress
When you choose a latex mattress what you enjoy is a combination of contouring and support as well as bounce and quick response time. We know that each latex mattress has its own pros and cons over other brands but there are general advantages and drawbacks that apply to latex mattresses. We have listed the most common below.
- A latex mattress gives you the perfect pressure-point relief.
- latex mattress is great for a person having spine issues because the weight of the latex provides great support.
- A latex mattress is usually more bouncy and has a quicker response time than memory foam.
- Sleep disturbances are cut down to the barest minimum because of the ample motion isolation provided by a latex mattress.
- All-natural latex mattresses produce no odor and even the synthetic ones lose their odor with time.
- In the production of a latex mattress, the use of chemicals is minimized which makes them healthier than other kinds of mattresses.
- All latex mattresses, whether synthetic or 100% natural, are biodegradable.
- A latex mattress in the first few weeks of use is firmer than other mattresses and this could be a bit uncomfortable.
- When they are new, synthetic latex mattresses release an odor which is termed offensive by most latex mattress users.
- Latex mattresses are known to retain a lot of heat and so the user gets to sleep hot which may be uncomfortable during hot periods.
- Some latex mattress users have complained of their sleep area being compressed while using latex mattresses, especially within the first 3 years of use.
- The all-natural latex mattresses are quite costly.
- As is expected, synthetic latex mattresses are less durable than the 100% natural mattresses which are costlier.
Factors to Look Out For When Choosing a Latex Mattress
To be able to decipher which latex mattress is best for you it is important to understand the production process. Latex mattresses are usually airier because they are made from the white liquid in rubber trees. Usually when processing latex excess water is extracted and as the latex is turned to foam it is mixed with air.
What is gotten afterward is a bouncy mattress which acts as a support core and a comfort layer. Unlike the innerspring mattress, a latex mattress contours the body more effectively. It also reacts faster than memory foam. Natural and synthetic latex mattresses can be made from any of Dunlop latex, Tatalay latex or a combo of both. These are the differences based production and what is obtained afterward:
- Latex in its liquid form is whipped into a foam.
- The resulting foam is poured into a mold and baked.
- During baking, sediments move to the bottom layer.
- The latex is washed and unwanted water is extracted once baking is done.
- What is obtained after this is a springy mattress that is supportive and durable.
- The sediment obtained during the baking makes some side more firm than the other.
- Dunlop latex is generally more eco-friendly and is cheaper than Tatalay latex.
- Just like above, the liquid latex is whipped into a foam.
- The foam is poured into a mold to partially fill it.
- The liquid latex expands to fill all of the mold.
- It then goes through a flash-freezing process which creates carbon dioxide airways.
- To complete the process the foam is baked, washed and dried.
- What you get afterward is a softer, lighter and more breathable latex foam.
- The Tatalay process is more expensive and lesseco-friendly.
- Another major difference between Tatalay and Dunlop is that it does not spring back as fast as Dunlop.
In choosing a latex mattress, you should also consider the comfort layer. Generally, comfort layers are made up of any of these:
- Memory foam
- Natural fiber
- Polyurethane foam
Best Latex Mattress – Wrap Up
Above are the best latex mattresses selected based on many factors, such as quality, comfort, and affordability. In addition, user reviews or unedited testimonies and high ratings played a very big role in making our decision.
They all have very high ratings from customers, which is a sign of users’ satisfaction and recommendations. So, if you’re searching for a natural latex mattress to buy then you have it here. Some are very affordable but are just 100% latex mattress, while some are on the high side but are hybrids. Therefore, your choice depends on your budget. As for the latex mattress, the best is before you now.